Friday 18 October 2013

Photography Shooting Script and Shot List

Photography Shooting Script and Shot List

Photo shoot date: Friday 22nd November, South Downs College drama department room. Used for the dark background and good lighting. Medium Shots, and Close-ups. 8:30am.


My images for front cover, contents and double page spread. 

The first photo shoot was on Friday 22nd November 2013 at 8:30am-9:00am. 106 photos were taken, of which 12 were considered for use. The models were J. Maxim and M. Cottrell of South Downs College, whom are both studying music. They were ideal models as they have the rock look and have inside knowledge to music. I have yet decided which image I would like to use.

Thursday 28th November 2013
After putting my images onto the desired size of my magazine, I realised they would not appropriate as they were mostly landscape and lost pixels when being expanded. This led me to do another shoot, but this time with a different background and different number of subjects. This led me to having 100 photos, with 34 considered for use, before narrowing it down to 4. The shoot was at 1:30pm-1:40pm on Thursday 28th November. I may use the previous images for my double page spread, but I shall be using the new images for the cover. The background is much more consistent and the subject is in better light. The use of the long shot makes him look more imposing and strong to match the genre of rock. The use of the acoustic guitar versus an electric one is symbolic to the preferred magazine title at this current time in production. It also symbolises the changing media mode as rock is not just the one genre any more, it has become a variety of sub-genres, but with the underlining aspect of power and presence to the individual musician. Therefore, these photos are much better than the previous through a combination of different setting, pose and camera medium. 

I put my chosen image of the grey background on my cover but I was not happy with it as it now had too many colours and was distracting from the text. Instead I went back to the first shoot and re looked at the photos and have finally decided on this photo:


I have chosen this photo as I can manipulate it for the colours. I will need to crop it and change the lighting slightly as it looks too bright against the background. The use of the guitar is significant as it links to my double page spread and shows the genre of the music. With this image I believe my magazine will be conventional to the genre.


After audience feedback I again changed the image as it would definitely appeal to my audience as they told me specifically what they want. They said for a more studio based photo, so a black background and good lighting, and for the subject to actually look at the camera as they felt they were being ignored by the model. The use of eye contact makes the audience feel included in the piece. Therefore my new images look like this:


I will not selected one until I create my magazines cover lines and masthead as the image has to compliment them. For my other pieces I have already selected some pictures from earlier shoots, though the image for the contents page comes from a concert I went to as the crowds in the image were on such a large scale.

Shooting Script for Final Pieces
The shooting script shows the times, location, props and costume of each of my final photos to be used in my magazine. There are over 4 of my own images throughout my work of different people and settings to show my variation in cinematography. This also makes my product more conventional to the standard a magazine should be.
___________________________________________________________________________
Eleanor Wemyss.
Special thanks to: J. Maxim and M. Cottrell for being fantastic models and for putting up with my constant change of location and position.
M. Miles for helping me to turn on and set up the camera.
E. Aldworth and A. Cooper for letting me borrow their cameras, and for E. Aldworth for uploading the photos to my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment