Tuesday 7 January 2014

Double Page Spread Audience Feedback

Double Page Spread Audience Feedback

After creating my product I asked my target audience for feedback on where I could improve. This is my product so far:




This is what my audience has said:






1) "The pictures are all the same people and they are boring and don't really show that they are rock musicians"










2) "Well I don't think the main header looks that big, its not that important to the page, you should make it stand out more"





3) "Text is hard to read and the fonts are boring"








Changes


I have made the text larger and spread across more so that it is easier to read and gives the information to the audience better. It also makes it look more like an article rather than a collection of images and text.

I have added an inner shadow to the text to make it stand out more, per what my audience identified as needing improvements. This has given it emphasis as it introduces the product and the articles content.

I began to change my images by taking some new ones (see photography shooting script) and editing their angle and colour. I found the images all had too much of an array of colours and needed to be more toward a house style, so I have edited them so that they are grey, apart from the main image as it needed to stand out more, so I added a faded sepia tone to it as it would give it more colour but not largely to be distracting. 
(Editing using Adobe Photoshop)

The images are now transformed to be grey scale, but unified in their colour scheme. This also links to the colours of red, black and white throughout my product, keeping to the house style. They also now show the models to have instruments, creating a link to the rock genre due to the information I found in the audience feedback, that they wanted better images as the previous were 'boring'.
To edit the photos I used Ribbet.com and Photoshop.
The use of resizing images function on Photoshop. It was helping as it made sure that my image fit the space I had planned for it to occupy. Though after retaking the photos I had to unsettle the following of my flat plans, though the product does still look the same.
Crop on Photoshop. This got rid of the chairs in the bottom right corner and the background behind my model. This was useful as it created focus just on the model. The function is standard use when editing most photos as many have negative space to be deleted.

I have also edited the page number as the conventional magazine double page spreads always have them in the bottom corner with the page and the magazine title. It also creates a link between my cover and contents as the cover advertised the interview and the contents directed the audience to the page.


Final Product
This is my final product as my audience has also had their opinion counted as the main use of my product is to appeal to them, which is what I have now achieved.

Old and New
________________________________________________________________________
Eleanor Wemyss



No comments:

Post a Comment